Hay Days Grass Drags – Forest Lake, Minnesota
If you come from the snow country you all know about snowmobiling on the frozen white stuff that blesses the area every year, sometimes for months on end and other times the desire for more snow is real! Well, Hay Days Grass Drags doesn’t wait for the snow, they have the drag races on the grass!
The races are always held the first weekend following Labor Day. The races are in Forest Lake, Minnesota which is north of the Twin Cities.
Forest Lake is a community of a little over 14,000 people (2006 numbers) with a desire to welcome those that come to Hay Days Grass Drags in the true Minnesota fasion. You will find hospitality, good food, "real people" and lots of fun at the event.
The admission to the races is $15 each day or $25 for a two day pass. Children under the age of 12 are free.
You can buy your tickets at the gate so don’t worry about getting them ahead of time, no need! The gates open at 7 AM. The races start at 9 AM.
Unfortunately there is no camping allowed at the stie, but there are alternative grounds to camp at and there are hotels for your comfort. When you buy a 2 day wrist band at the Swap Gate and you pay for your Truck/Trailer entrance fee, you will get a windshield sticker (or other marking) which will get you and your vehicle in on Saturday as well as Sunday. (providing you have the sticker and your 2 Day wristbands) There is no extra charge for the second day of swap.
If you come to the Swap Gate Saturday and only buy a 1 Day Wrist Band, you have to pay for your Truck/ Trailer entrance, and will Not get a windshield sticker.(or other marking)
When you come back on Sunday, you buy a 1 Day Wrist Band and have to pay for your Truck/ Trailer again, as you did on Saturday. The key is the 2 Day wrist band. This wrist band will get your vehicle in on Sunday for no additional fee.
There is no Camping allowed on site…but on ON SITE SECURITY IS ALLOWED, If you stay to watch your product or merchandise, that is "ok" providing you stay in your vehicle, on your site. No grills & no walking around Ect. or you will be asked to leave.
The following information is taken direclty from their information, thank you for allowing us to put this information on www.minnesotabeautiful.com
On Saturday the race schedule is:
1. HEAVY MOD 1000
2. SEMI PRO – STOCK 440
3. IMP STOCK 1000
4. SEMI PRO – OPEN STOCK
5. HEAVY MOD 440
6. HEAVY MOD 700
7. SEMI PRO – STOCK 600 S/P
8. IMP STOCK 500
9. SEMI PRO – STOCK 800
10. IMP STOCK 600
11. HEAVY MOD 500
12. SEMI PRO – STOCK 600
13. HEAVY MOD 800
14. IMP STOCK 700
15. SEMI PRO – STOCK 700
16. IMP STOCK 440
17. SEMI PRO – STOCK 500
18. HEAVY MOD 600
19. IMP STOCK 800
20. FACTORY MOD 2
1. AMT TRAIL STOCK 800
2. AMT TRAIL STOCK 500
3. VINTAGE D
4. AMT IMPROVED TRAIL STOCK 600
5. AMT TRAIL STOCK 440 LIQUID
6. VINTAGE A
7. AMT TRAIL STOCK 700 SINGLE PIPE
8. AMT IMPROVED TRAIL STOCK 800
9. VINTAGE C
10. AMT TRAIL STOCK 600
11. AMT IMPROVED TRAIL STOCK 700
12. VINTAGE B
13. AMT TRAIL STOCK 800 SINGLE PIPE
14. AMT TRAIL STOCK 600 SINGLE PIPE
15. VINTAGE E
16. JUNIOR 1 12-16 440 CC FAN MAX
17. AMT TRAIL STOCK 700
18. JUNIOR 11 12-16 600 CC FAN MAX
19. AMT TRAIL STOCK OPEN
20. AMT TRAIL STOCK 440 FAN
21. AMT IMPROVED TRAIL STOCK OPEN
RACING STARTS 9 AM SHARP
1. FACTORY MOD 1
2. 800 STOCK
3. PRO STOCK 500
4. 440 STOCK
5. OPEN MOD 1000
6. 600 STOCK
7. OPEN MOD 440
8. PRO STOCK 700
9. 700 STOCK
10. OPEN MOD 600
11. PRO STOCK 1000
12. OPEN MOD 700
13. OPEN STOCK 1000
14. PRO STOCK 800
15. 600 STOCK SINGLE PIPE
16. OPEN MOD 800
17. 500 STOCK
18. PRO STOCK 600
19. 440 STOCK [ FAN ]
20. OPEN MOD 500
21. TOP FUEL
COSDRA CLASS COSTS AND FEES* [COSTS ARE PER CLASS]
AMATEUR – STOCK – IMPROVED-VINTAGE-JUNIOR = $20.00
SEMI PRO AND STOCK CLASSES = $25.00
IMPROVED CLASSES = $35.00
PRO STOCK CLASSES = $35.00
HEAVY MOD CLASSES = $35.00
LITE MOD CLASSES = $35.00
FACTORY MOD CLASSES = $35.00
TOP FUEL CLASS = $ 40.00
RACERS WILL PAY A $10.00 INSURANCE/ADMINISTRATION FEE
PER CLASS ENTRY = $10.00
RACERS WILL PAY DAY MEMBERSHIP OR YEAR MEMBERSHIP
AMATEUR DAY FEE $10.00 OR $50.00 YEAR
PRO AN SEMI PRO DAY FEE $15.00 OR $100.00 YEAR
*All fees subject to change without notice.
|SEMI – PRO STOCK
FACTORY MOD 1
TOP FUEL CLASS
Rules for Classes
AMATEUR RACING RULES
- OEM TRACK – NO SHAVING OF LUGS
- TRAIL STUDS ONLY NO SHARPING
- WOODY MEGA BITS ARE LEGAL
- JET THE MOTOR ,CLUTCH AND GEAR IT
- ANY LEGAL FUEL ALLOWED
- SLED CAN BE TIED DOWN MUST HAVE 2 INCHES OF TRAVEL WITH THE DRIVER ON THE SLED
- COOL DOWN CARTS ARE ALLOWED
- TRAIL STUDS ¾ " MAX PAST THE HIGHEST LUG OG THE TRACK
- SLED MUST HAVE A TETHER CORD
- DRIVER SAFETY GEAR-SNELL 95 OR BETTER FULL FACE HELMAT
- FLAK JACKET-SAFE JACKET
- EYE PROTECTION ,BOOTS OVER THE ANKLE, AND SHIN GUARDS
AMATEUR IMPROVED TRAIL STOCK
- MUST BE FULL BODY TRAIL MACHINE
- ANY MOTOR MODIFICATIONS -
- ANY FUEL IS ALLOWED
- SLED CAN BE TIED DOWN BUT MUST MAINTAIN 2 " OF TRAVEL FRONT AN BACK WITH THE DRIVER ON IT
- SPEED TRACKS ALLOWED TRAIL STUDS ONLY
- WOODY ‘S MEGA BITS ARE ALLOWED
- NO RACE PIPES ARE ALLOWED-PERFORMANCE TRAIL PIPES ALLOWED
- TRAIL SUDS MAX LENGTH ¾" PAST THE HIGHEST LUG OF THE TRACK
SEMI PRO – STOCK CLASSES
- STEPPING STONE FROM AMATEUR CLASSES WILL HAVE A PURSE + 100% PAYBACK
- NO PRO SLEDS ALLOWED -
- CLASSES BUILT FOR SLEDS OR DRIVERS NOT QUITE COMPETITIVE IN PRO CLASSES
General Information for Racers & Crew Members
The following information is taken from notes of our most recent Race Committee meeting. It should be helpful to those of you wanting to know more about things like registration, race times, contacts, rule books, etc.
- Pre-Tech Trail Stock only: on Saturday.
- Pre-Tech for other classes all day Friday.
- All racing starts at 9:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday
- Vehicles entering the "SWAP AREA" will begin entering the area on Friday.
- ALL drivers and ALL crew members will be required to wear wrist bands ON THEIR WRISTS.
- Form 1099′s will be filled out by everyone at time of registration.
- Levels of payout will be determined by COSDRA.
- All racing will be 500 ft
- TROPHIES IN ALL CLASSES – Special Drivers Awards with Additional Cash and Product.
Sno Barons Contact Info
P.O. Box 49335
Blaine, Mn. 55449